the BRUMBY WILD
We first announced the new model Gidget Brumby mid 2016 and since our Off-Road model has undergone an evolution of its own. Now even more exciting in design, range of inclusions and desirable features...built for endurance, ready for your adventures.
In keeping with all our award winning, Australian designed and craftsmen built Gidgets you’ll be camping in comfort and style with the added element of adventure with Brumby’s robust full off-road chassis and suspension, and roll cage supported body. You’ll also have the Gidget luxury kitchen as well as a full kitchen extension, quality fit-outs and of course a queen-size bed with large skylight overhead and large windows either side thanks to our patented, unique Gidget slide-out.
Naturally, you’ll want to camp in remote places ‘off the grid’. No problem! All our Gidgets are environmentally friendly, fully self-sufficient with large water and waste tanks and built in solar panel. Add lots of USB chargers and 12V outlets, dual entertainment systems—both in cabin and outside—plug for satellite aerial so you can stay connected (or not, it’s up to you). There’s also a well-placed control panel with all your gauges and switches to monitor your usage....and that's only the tip of the iceberg. Brumby WILDS are the off-road camper with 'the works'! We've put every desired function and feature into our top of the range, all terrain camper and built it tough to last. Features like a 75mm dia roll cage, chassis and drawbar steel to higher specs than many much larger RVs and caravans, and checkplate undercarriage along with 50mm dia kicker bar deflectors are standard in both our off-road models, and means the Brumby is ready to take on anywhere your 4WD can travel. Compare our Brumby with the Brumby Wild using the simplified list or our specs downloadable below.
THE STORY BEHIND THE BRUMBY NAME
Australia’s wild horses—The Brumby—have proven themselves adaptable and intelligent. Revered for their stamina, agility and sure footedness. They are known for strength, endurance, versatility, adaptability, for being wild and free. For surviving extreme and harsh conditions with our pioneers and for serving as mounts for our cavalry in WWI and WWII.
The Brumby has become an integral part of Australian folklore, a beautiful majestic animal which has continually evolved to adapt to the Australian wild remote country and harsh Outback—from the cold temperatures of the Australian Alps to the heat of inland deserts.
The BRUMBY is packed with THESE INCLUDED features:
- Gidget Brumby drawbar steel specs: 150mm x 50mm x 5mm RHS
- Chassis [Sub-frame] steel specs: 100mm x 50mm x 5mm RHS
- 75mm DIA roll cage supporting and 50mm DIA kicker bars
- Unique patented slide-out feature nearly doubling the size of the cabin interior
- Queensize bed and quality high density mattress
- Lounge conversion from bed to lounge to bed in 3 easy steps
- Full width skylight for natural light and sleeping under the stars
- Large screened awning windows on slide-out
- Kitchen extension, creating a complete second work area
- Glass lidded sink with pressurised water and tap
- Easy to access and use control panel console
- 2 doors, one either side of body
- 3 burner glass lidded gas cooktop with glass lidded sink, pressurised water
- Energy efficient 110W solar panel system and LED lighting
- loads of 12V plugs and USB chargers
- 240V and 12V power via included battery and battery charger
- Cabin storage equal to over 7 standard suitcases
- 160L Water tank and 40L waste tank
- 8.5kg gas bottle capacity
- Safety features such as fire extinguisher, smoke detector and locks
- Our much loved craftsmen-built natural timber kitchens
- 16 x 7 inch allow wheels with all-terrain tyres
- spare wheel in own cover, mounted to roof rack
- Hand brake / park brake
AS WELL AS THIS LONG LIST OF EXTRA INCLUDED FEATURES WHICH SHOWS WHY OUR BRUMBY WILD AIMS TO BE THE BEST OPTIONED, MOST INNOVATIVE OFF-ROAD CAMPER POSSIBLE.
- Cruisemaster XT AIR Independent trailing arm suspension with coils, quad gas shocks, electric brakes
- DO35 360° tow coupling
- Heavy duty compressor, dual digital pressure gauge, 8L air tank, tyre inflation coil & wand, wireless remote control, self-levelling
- Internal & External Pressure Air Outlets x 4: used for inflation of tyres and cleaning
- Custom designed swing up spare wheel rack for easy access and storage
- Triple 120AH Full River batteries
- VICTRON 1600W Inverter Charger with a MPPT Solar Regulator plus VICTRON dongle connected to your smartphone: allows you to monitor input and output.
- Fully fitted-out and plumbed shower compartment, including portable gas adjustable hot water system with 3m hose and tap, plumbed to 160L water tank.
Vanity Area and Storage with Mirror and LED strip lighting
- Additional gas bayonnet installed for external gas barbeque connection
- Waeco 35L Fridge/Freezer in kitchen
- Waeco 95L Fridge/Freezer in kitchen extension
- Complete Dual Entertainment + Technology System: 2 x 24” Full HD TV plus 2 x Stereo System + Quad speakers in cabin + in kitchen, cabinetry and natural timber features installed. Package also includes 16GB HARD DRIVE internally installed and linked to your TVs for PVR movie and photo storage.
- Positive pressure air venting system, includes vents, fans, roof scoop and filters fully installed
- Batwing '30 second set up' awning installed on roof racks
- Portable folding solar panel kit which plugs into Anderson Plug
And the ability to personalise your Brumby through a whole range of included custom choices. Click on the button VIEW CUSTOM SWATCHES to see your choices. Note guard colour does not apply to the Brumby models.
PERSONALISE YOUR GIDGET
Start with a BRUMBY and add upgrades and accessories as you like, or...go for the BRUMBY WILD with the works!
Like all our Gidget Campers, the Bondi is custom-built to order regardless of the model type. Each one is a work of art and personalized to your tastes. You choose your body color, curtain fabric pattern, cushion color, handle style as well as a choice from 3 different types of gorgeous Australian natural timbers – all included in the standard prices.
You can also add options and upgrades if you like, for example, a specialty timber or a guard colour to match your custom car.