The GIDGET NOOSA LONGLINE is our SECOND model, evolved from our GIDGET BONDI ALLOWING US TO INCLUDE SOME EXTRA FEATURES AND TRIPLE THE KITCHEN CAPACITY DUE TO THE HALF METRE LONGER BODY.
After the popularity of our Gidget Bondi Original, we set out to design a camper which could still be towed by a standard car, however larger so we could fit in some extra features. Our Bondi is considered a light camper trailer under 750kg ATM. Our Noosa is still lightweight and easy to tow and has an ATM of 1200kg. The half metre longer body—and slightly higher roof—allowed us to include a hanging closet which fits approximately 25 shirts or dresses, an increased cabin storage capacity, the option to have a Shower-Toilet compartment installed, and a kitchen with triple the capacity of the Bondi. This much large kitchen means we can increase our fridge capacity from 35L to 85L and also include a large bench drawer and more pantry and extra drawer storage. There's also an increase in water and power capacity.
When choosing between the Noosa Longline and the Bondi Original, keep in mind that the slide-out and bed are identical in size in both models so you are not giving up comfort which is paramount with Gidget. Both Off-Road models, Brumby and Brumby WILD, also have the same size slide-out and bed. All models are built with the same quality finishes and fixtures—it is just a choice between size and included features.
THE STORY BEHIND THE NOOSA NAME
Noosa is a gorgeous stretch of beach along the Sunshine Coast of South-East Queensland, approximately 136 kilometers (85 miles) north of Brisbane, the state's capital. The beach at Noosa (now called Noosa Heads) and its small bays around the headland are common surfing locations which are known on world surfing circuits. One of its major surfing contests involves the Noosa Festival of Surfing which is an official Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) Longboard rated event. Noosa was truly the heart of Australian surfing in the late 50s and early 60s, with some great innovations in surfboard design.
The NOOSA is packed with THESE INCLUDED features:
- Unique patented slide-out feature nearly doubling the size of the cabin interior
- Independent trailing arm suspension with coils, shocks and electric brakes
- Queensize bed and quality high density mattress
- Lounge conversion from bed to lounge to bed in 3 easy steps
- Full width skylight for natural light and sleeping under the stars
- Large screened awning windows on slide-out
- Glass lidded sink with pressurised water and tap
- Easy to access and use control panel console
- 2 doors, one either side of body
- Rotating entertainment console with 24” TV + USB + PVR
- Stereo radio and quad speakers [inside cabin and outside]
- Gidget domestic quality 2 burner gas cooktop with safety devices
- Energy efficient 110W solar panel system and LED lighting
- loads of 12V plugs and USB chargers
- 240V and 12V power via included battery, battery charger and inverter
- Cabin storage equal to more than 7 standard suitcases
- 105L Water tank and 40L waste tank
- 8.5kg gas bottle capacity
- Safety features such as fire extinguisher, smoke detector and locks
- Our much loved craftsmen-built natural timber kitchens
- Custom smoothie hot rod wheels and retro guards
- spare wheel in own cover, stored underfloor
- Hand brake / park brake
And the ability to personalise your Gidget through a whole range of included custom choices. Click on the button VIEW CUSTOM SWATCHES to see your choices.
PERSONALISE YOUR GIDGET
Like all our Gidget Campers, the Noosa is custom-built to order regardless of the model type. Each one is a work of art and personalised to your tastes. You choose your body and wheel guard colors, curtain fabric pattern, cushion color, handle style as well as a choice from 3 different types of gorgeous Australian natural timbers – all included in the standard prices.
You can also add options and upgrades if you like, for example, a specialty timber or a guard colour to match your custom car.